The English – Technical Communication, B.A. prepares students to fill the communication needs of the business and scientific community. Students learn how to apply the principles of written, spoken, and visual communication to a wide variety of situations, using state-of-the-art software and hardware in the departmental Technical Writing Laboratory.
Strengths of the Program
- A long-standing connection to the Orlando Central Florida Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication (STC)
- A close working relationship with local companies and industries
- A location that provides students with access to a diverse array of industries
- A faculty with wide-ranging research interests and experience in teaching technical communication
Increase Your Employability
Graduates of the program are extremely successful finding jobs in the field. Graduates have been hired by a number of major corporations including
- Lockheed Martin
- Harris Corporation
- Siemens Corporation
- Walt Disney World Company
Students are also employed by small software and engineering firms and by universities and nonprofit organizations.
The work for these graduates includes providing corporate training through e-learning, writing and designing online help systems, project management, communication and writing support for engineers, proposal writing, and consulting.
Students have the opportunity to become active in the local chapter of the Society for Technical Communication. The Orlando Central Florida chapter holds monthly meetings; at these meetings students will have opportunities for pursuing professional development and networking.
Consult the UCF catalog for a complete list of required courses.